Taco Truck Tacos
Use your crockpot for the shredded beef and you can have dinner ready 15 minutes after you get home! These tacos are lightly fried for a tortilla that is slightly crispy with an authentic taste.
12 La Tapatia Corn Tortillas
1 Boneless Chuck Roast
1 cup red wine
1 packet onion soup mix
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
Topping: Chopped cilantro and red onion
1. Place roast, wine, soup mix, garlic, and ketchup in your crock pot. Cook according to your crock pot’s settings. The longer you can cook the roast, the more tender your meat will be.
2. Once your roast is done, shred while stirring the meat into the cooking broth.
3. Heat a large shallow pan over medium high heat and add oil. Let oil heat up until a sprinkle of water bubbles in the pan.
4. Fry tortillas one or two at a time. To do this, place a tortilla into the hot oil. After no more than one minute, use tongs to gently fold each tortilla in half then hold the newly formed taco so that just the bottom/center remains in the oil for 30 seconds to one minute. The goal is to allow the center of the tortilla to crisp up just a bit more than the rest.
5. Lay the folded tortilla down in the oil for another minute and remove.
6. Place each tortilla on a plate covered with a paper towel to allow the excess oil to drip off.
7. Continue frying until all tortillas are done.
8. Fill your tacos with the shredded beef and top with your favorite toppings.
*Note: for a crispier taco, extend the frying time. These tacos are also delicious when the tortillas are soft and not fried.