These crispy rolled tacos are delicious and easy to prepare for a quick dinner or filling appetizer. Dip them in sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.
12oz cooked chicken breast shredded
1dz corn tortillas
12oz chopped lettuce (romain/iceburg/mixed greens)
4oz grated mozzarella cheese
1oz chopped parsely
8oz vegetable oil
1 large tomato cut into rounds
3oz grated queso fresco
Chipotle, cilantro or white sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl mix the chicken, mozzarella cheese, and parsley.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Warm the 1dz corn tortillas in the microwave for 2 minutes. Ideally, wrap the stack with paper towels prior to warming.
4. Once the tortillas are warm, add 2oz of the chicken mix in the center of the tortilla and roll tightly (to secure tightness you can use a toothpick).
5. Follow the same step until all 12 tortillas have been rolled.
6. In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Let oil temperature reach 350 degrees as measured with a food thermometer.
7. Slowly add 2 to 3 rolled flautas into the pan. Be extremely careful, oil will be very hot.
8. Let them cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy. Continue until all flautas are cooked.
9. Remove from oil and let them sit on a napkin to absorb any excess oil.
10. Cover loosely with foil until ready to serve.