Fajitas are traditionally made with sauteed veggies and strips of steak or chicken. This recipe calls for a quick marinade so that you can enjoy a flavorful dinner in no time.
12 Sol de Oro Fajita Tortillas
2 lbs flank steak
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 orange or yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 medium white onion, sliced thin
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 cup red wine
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons steak seasoning (choose your favorite)
Salt & pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
Avocado or olive oil (enough to coat your pan)
Garnish as desired with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients from worcestershire to salt and pepper.
2. Place steak in a shallow dish or plastic bag and pour marinade over the top. Cover or seal the bag and allow it to marinate for a minimum 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil on a grill pan.
4. Carefully add steak to the grill pan. Place half the butter on top of the steak and cook until bottom is seared (approx. 5 minutes).
5. Turn steak over and add remaining butter to top of the steak. Cook once again until bottom is seared and steak is cooked to desired doneness.
6. Remove steak from pan and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Cover with foil during this time to prevent cooling.
7. Add peppers and onion to pan and cook for a few minutes. Turn heat off.
8. Slice flank steak into desired strips (about ¼” to ½” wide).
9. On a flat pan or comal, rub a bit of oil and toast tortillas one at a time. Keep them warm in foil.
10. You’re now ready to fill your tortillas with steak, veggies, and garnish. Enjoy!
Serves 6 (two Fajita tacos each).