Pumpkin Cream Cheese Rollup
These “rollups” are a cross between pumpkin pie, cheesecake and churros…delicious!
8 La Tapatia or Sol de Oro Flour Tortillas
1 package Cream Cheese (Softened to room temperature)
1 cup Canned pumpkin
1 ½ cups Sugar (divided)
½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tub Whipped Topping (2 ½ cups is for recipe and remainder is for dipping. Whip cream may be used instead, if desired.)
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
Oil (Enough oil to meet half way up your pan).
*Optional: 1 cup Margarine (melted) for dipping
1. In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, ½ cup sugar and beat with a hand held mixer until well blended.
2. Gently fold in 2 ½ cups of whipped cream.
3. Remove mixture from bowl and place in a large Ziploc bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
4. Once the pumpkin mixture is thickened, heat oil in a frying pan.
5. In a shallow bowl mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
6. Remove Ziploc bag and cut 1 small corner of the bag. Lay tortilla flat. Pipe the pumpkin mixture onto the tortilla, leaving a 1” edge free of mixture.
7. Roll the tortilla and wipe any pumpkin that seeps out of the edge. The rolled tortilla can be kept in place with a toothpick.
8. Place in the heated oil, cooking on both sides until golden brown.
9. Remove from oil and immediately place rollup in the cinnamon mixture.
10. Repeat process. Once all are cooked, slice rollups diagonally in half.
Place on a platter with remaining whipped cream topping and enjoy as a dessert!
*Optional: Melt margarine in a shallow pan on stove before rolling tortillas. After cooking in oil, dip in warm margarine and proceed to roll in the cinnamon mixture.