Quick Enchilada Casserole
When you're craving enchiladas but don't have the time (or the energy!) to make them, give this quick recipe a try. We suggest using a store-bought rotisserie chicken to save even more time. In about 15 minutes, these "enchiladas" will be full of flavor and on your table.
4 La Tapatia/Sol de Oro Flour Tortillas
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
10 oz Red Enchilada Sauce
½ cup chunky salsa
¼ cup water
1 cup shredded cheese
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon dried oregano
Sour cream, guacamole, and salsa for garnish
1. Begin by slicing tortillas into 1" strips.
2. Warm a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Once skillet is warm, add chicken, cumin, oregano, enchilada sauce, salsa, and water. Stir until combined.
4. Let mixture simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is warm.
5. Add tortilla strips and mix well.
6. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese and let cheese melt.
7. Serve and garnish as desired.