Mediterranean Chicken Wrap
Not a sandwich, not a burrito…rather, this wrap is the trendy middle ground for having a quick and healthy meal that you can hold in one hand. Chicken, tomato, cucumber, onion...really, how can you go wrong?
4-8 La Tapatia or Sol de Oro Organic Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas, Gorditas, or our Golden Sun Roti
2 lbs Chicken tenderloins
2 Tomatoes (sliced)
2 Red Onion
3 tbsp. Mediterranean seasoning
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt.
Hummus or ranch dressing
1. Begin by setting aside 1 tablespoon of Mediterranean seasoning to sprinkle on wrap.
2. Generously spray a large pan with cooking spray. Heat frying pan on medium high heat.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and the remaining Mediterranean seasoning.
4. Saute on each side until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear (about 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the size of your chicken tenderloins).
5. Warm your tortillas on a comal or pan until softened. Turn heat to low and keep the pan warm (you will use it to brown your wrap at the end).
6. To assemble wrap, lay tortilla flat and place a couple slices of cucumber down the center.
7. Add a handful of red onions and 3 slices of tomato to the tortilla.
8. Place desired amount of cooked chicken on top of cucumber and tomato.
9. Wrap the tortilla around the fillings from one side to the other.
10. Spray outside of wrap with cooking spray (both sides) and sprinkle with some Mediterranean seasoning and garlic salt.
11. Place wrap folded side down on the heated pan just until browned. Turn and brown on the other side.
12. Served with a side of Hummus or Ranch Dressing.