Crockpot Chili & Chips
What's better than a dinner you can scoop up with tortilla chips??? One that you can make in the crockpot, of course! This Chili & Chips recipe is just the right amount of spice with loads of flavor. Your family can make it their way with a variety of garnishes.
1-2 bags of La Tapatia or Golden Sun Tortilla Chips
1 pound ground beef (or your favorite vegan ground protein)
1 large onion diced
1 bell pepper diced (any color you have)
30 ounces canned kidney beans rinsed and drained
30 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juices
2 cloves garlic minced (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Garnish with sour cream, cheese, onion, salsa…or any toppings you prefer (chopped bacon anyone??)
1. In a saute pan over medium heat, cook onion and bell pepper until onions are translucent. If bits of the
onion brown, even better!
2. Add ground beef, stir and cook until browned.
3. Transfer the mixture to your crockpot.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
6. Stir 30 minutes before serving.
7. Serve in a bowl, garnish as desired, and scoop up with Tortilla Chips…so good!