We keep things healthy and maintain the natural corn flavor with these oven baked tostadas. This recipe calls for boiled chicken to be shredded. To make it easier, you can also cook the chicken in your crockpot and shred it when you’re ready to eat.
12 La Tapatia or Sol de Oro Corn Tortillas
2 pounds chicken breast
1 cup dry white wine
½ cup Powdered Chicken Bouillon
1 Bay Leaf
Garlic salt, pepper, and thyme as desired
Warmed, “smashed” beans of your choice
16 oz. sour cream
½ tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp water
Combine all Crema ingredients in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Place chicken in a large stockpot and fill with enough water to cover chicken and allow room for boiling.
2. Add white wine, bouillon, and bay leaf.Season water with garlic salt, pepper and thyme; enough seasoning to “coat” the top of the water.
3. Cover and boil until chicken is cooked through and tender (approximately 45-60 minutes).
4. Remove chicken from pot and shred with a fork in a large bowl or container.
5. While chicken is boiling place corn tortillas on center oven rack and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
6. Ovens may vary so watch your tortillas to avoid browning too much. Your tostadas should be crisp.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool. The tostadas will crisp more as they cool down.
8. Top your tostada with beans, crema, and chicken.
9. Garnish with any toppings you desire such as chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, crumbled cotija cheese, salsa, guacamole…pile it high!