Chicken Tortilla Soup
A quick and easy soup that will keep you warm and satisfied.
4 La Tapatia or Sol de Oro Corn Tortillas cut into 1/2" strips
(OR 16 oz. bag La Tapatia Tortilla Chips...no need to fry your own strips!)
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 can enchilada sauce (medium)
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1 can black beans,
1 can corn
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 cups precooked chicken breasts, cut into cubes
Cilantro for garnish
Salt to taste
1. For tortilla strips: Heat 1/4 cup of oil over medium heat. Add tortilla strips in batches and fry until crisp.
2. Remove excess oil with a paper towel on a flat sheet and salt to taste.
3. In a large saucepan add oil and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add garlic, pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, black beans, corn, and pepper.
5. Bring to a simmer and stir in precooked chicken.
6. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Spoon soup into bowls and top with tortilla strips (or chips!), cilantro and sliced avocado. Enjoy!