Chicken Tortilla Casserole
There’s just something so comforting about a casserole. It reminds us of being at home. Think about it; you can't exactly go to a restaurant and order a casserole for dinner! So, do your family a favor...pick up our Original Cooked Corn tortillas and try this Chicken Tortilla Casserole tonight.
8 La Tapatia Corn Tortillas, (torn into bite size pieces)
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 small can of chopped green chiles
8 oz. of fat free sour cream
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (any kind you like!)
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, mix soup, chiles, sour cream, milk, garlic salt, chili powder, and cumin until blended.
4. Add chicken, tortillas, and bell pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Add tomato and 1 cup of cheese. Stir well.
6. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 40 mins.
8. Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese.
9. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
10. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving and garnish as desired.