Apple Pie "Enchiladas"
A super sweet spin on homemade apple pie!
Apple Pie Filling
(You can also simply use a store bought pie filling. If you choose the premade filling, simply skip to the Enchilada ingredients & Steps.)
2 Green Apples, Chopped
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
4 Oz. Room Temperature Cream Cheese
1/4 C. Caramel Sauce (if desired)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
10 Flour Tortillas
2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
Pie Filling (1 large can OR the homemade filling from above)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with foil.
(If using store bought filling, skip steps 2 & 3.)
2. Mix 1 teaspoon sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Set aside.
3. Warm up a skillet over medium high heat. Place the apples, butter, sugar, and cinnamon into the hot skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and caramel sauce (if using) together until smooth and creamy. If not using caramel, beat cream cheese until smooth.
5. Warm all tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds just to make rolling easier.
6. Lay out your favorite flour tortilla and spoon 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling onto the tortilla. Gently spread across half of the tortilla.
7. Scoop a spoonful of the apple pie filling over the cream cheese and roll up taquito style.
8. Brush with a bit of melted butter and place into the cinnamon sugar mixture just to coat.
9. Set seam side down on the prepared baking sheet repeat for the remaining tortillas.
10. Place the baking sheet into the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown on the edges.
Serve immediately with your favorite whip cream, ice cream, or dessert sauce. Enjoy!
*Alternative "Taquitos" version:
Follow all steps above except eliminate the use of the oven. When "taquitos" are filled and rolled, heat oil in a frying pan (deep enough to just cover the taquitos) and fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown.