Black Bean & Turkey Roti Wrap
This is a quick dinner filled with flavors that will make your taste buds dance. The protein of the black bean and turkey, combined with the authentic flavor of the Roti will leave you satisfied and full of energy.
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp oregano
1 lb lean ground turkey
½ cup canned, diced tomatoes, drained
½ cup canned, black beans, drained & rinsed
½ tsp salt
Cilantro and lemon for garnish
1. Heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Add onions and sauté until transparent and begin to brown.
3. Add garlic, coriander, and oregano…mix well.
4. Add ground turkey, tomatoes, and salt. Mix well and cook for 5-8 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
5. Add the black beans, stir, and warm for 3 minutes.
6. Warm your Roti on a flat griddle or Comal. Let each side begin to puff and char slightly.
7. Remove from heat, place filling down the center, wrap it up and enjoy!
8. Repeat filling and wrapping the remaining three Rotis.
Makes 4 Roti Wraps