Roasted Pork Tacos with Poblano Sauce
- 12 La Tapatia White Corn Tortillas
- 1 Pork Butt Roast
- 2 cups Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 3-4 Yellow Onions
- 4-5 Jalapenos
- 1 Cilantro bunch
- 6-8 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lime
- ½ Butter Stick
- 4 oz Sour Cream
- 3/4cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp flour
Seasonings; Salt, pepper, granulated onion, seasoning salt, garlic salt, cumin, oregano, granulated onion, garlic salt, pepper, chicken bouillon (all to desired taste level).
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub pork butt roast with salt, garlic salt, and granulated onion.
- Slit 6-7 small holes and insert garlic cloves in pork butt roast.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees and place roast into oven. Cook for about 4-5 hours or until roast falls from bone. Time does depend on the size of the roast.
- Once roast is cooked, shred. Keep warm.
- Shred pepper jack cheese. Set aside and keep cool.
- In the meantime, roast poblano peppers until blackened on each side. Then place poblano pepper in a zip lock bag for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove skins, stems and seeds from pepper.
- Dice ½ an onion.
- In the same pan you roasted the peppers in, melt ½ stick butter.
- Add onion and garlic clove. Cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Add in flour. Mix.
- Move mixture to a blender. Add Poblano peppers, cumin, oregano, garlic salt, granulated onion, chicken bouillon, granulated onion pepper, heavy cream and sour cream to blender.
- Blend until completely smooth. Sauce will be thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Slice remaining onions and jalapenos.
- In a frying pan add enough oil to fry onions and jalapenos.
- Add onions and jalapeno to pan. Season with salt and pepper and fry until browned