Green Chile Enchiladas
Enchiladas have become a staple in many households. The versatility, ease of preparation, and ability to be made-ahead has made this dish a favorite, hearty meal for any occasion. Add your own twist on the recipe with any filling of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Coat casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Warm sauce in a saucepan until bubbly. Turn off heat.
- Set up an assembly line of ingredients as follows: tortillas, heated sauce in pan, shredded chicken, olives, and shredded cheese.
- Warm one tortilla on the stove top and place in a shallow dish (a pie plate works great).
- Pour about 1/3 cup of sauce onto the tortilla and spread lightly to coat evenly.
- Using your hand, place a small amount of chicken (about 1/3 cup) down the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle desired amount of cheese and olives over chicken.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of sauce over fillings.
- Roll tortilla jelly-roll style so that fillings are secure.
- Place the now-assembled enchilada into a casserole dish and continue with remaining tortillas.
- Once all enchiladas are in the casserole dish, pour remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes.